Monday, May 9, 2011

Monumental

This weekend I received a couple gifts that were monumental.

First up was a Mother's Day gift from Scout

This is my very first(and maybe only) Coach purse!! I would say it is my first designer purse, but my BFF Bonnie gave me a Vera Bradley for my birthday :) (I totally forgot I have a Betsey Johnson purse I found at a thrift store and a Tommy Hilfiger I think I also found at a thrift store). Obviously, I picked the purse out, not Scout LOL. I had seen an ad that the PX(Post Exchange -- like a smaller Walmart) was going to have a sale -- 25% off already clearance Coach purses. I had to check that out!!

I fell in love with this purse. I love the material(it is smooth) and the poppies on it. Plus it has silver trim, which matches my Gap City Flats! But the best part? Originally it was $98. It was marked down to $78. Plus 25% off. So the total was $58.50!! Ignoring the 50 cents, that is a savings of $40!!!!

Next, I received this bracelet from TJ


It has a black braided strap with a Harley symbol near the clasp, then a charm which is a circle of "diamonds" and a little Harley symbol hanging from that.

Why is this monumental? Because this is the first piece of jewelry my husband has ever bought me on his own!! And only the 4th, period. First was a heart necklace and he had a matching key to it(that was when we were dating). I believe his sister helped pick that out. Next was my engagement ring. Which I believe he had some help with. And the last was my wedding ring, which I picked out :) So this is the first solely from him. And I love it!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Whoohooo go hubs! Congrats on him putting on his big boy pants and getting jewelery on his own! I always have to hold my husband's hand through gift purchases and pick things out b/c hes scared I will hate things he picks out on his own... which is BS. haha!

You did GOOOOD this year momma! Happy belated mothers day darling! <3 mwah!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

That corgi :) said...

what a pretty bracelet!! I bet your hubby enjoyed picking it out for you!! love your new blog header picture, you look so very comfy in your slippers!

betty