Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Summer Cooking -- Muffins and An Appetizer

Hello all. For my first summer cooking adventure I made

Banana-Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins

and

Tomato-Goat Cheese Rounds

both from ingredients, inc

Let's start with the muffins

The only substitutions I made were raw sugar, mini chocolate chips and I did half sea salt/half regular salt(because I bought sea salt with a built in grinder and it was takeing forever to get it out!).


I like to use cupcake liners in my pan

Ready to go

Done!


Next up -- pastry rounds!!

The pastry sheet had to thaw


I used the Boursin cheese because I found it before the goat cheese.

Next time I am going to use grape or pear tomatoes as the cherry were just too big, even cut in half.

Ready for the oven

Done!

I put them on a pretty summer plate.

Tomorrow I am planning on doing some slow cooker applesauce and beef and broccoli for dinner :)

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

slow cooker applesauce sounds interesting!! those muffins looked sooo good as did your cheese rounds!! I bet you are having fun being creative in the kitchen!

betty