Monday, June 13, 2011

Family Day

Thursday was a family day.

In the morning we slept in and then I took TJ's mom and sister to the mall. I finally bought a new watch(Mickey Mouse) and I bought us all Godiva chocolates :) Then we went to lunch at Cheesecake Factory. I had crab dip and a salad and got a slice of cherry cheesecake which I took home and shared with TJ the next day for breakfast.

After TJ picked us up and we dropped them off at home TJ and I went back to the hotel. I think I took a nap. Then TJ's dad and his girlfriend came and we went to dinner. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse. I had shrimp cocktail, a burger and sweet potato. Then we went to the graduation.

It was held at the fairgrounds and we had to pay for parking

It was in a huge room and you could buy concessions




The valedictorian's speech was awful. He made horrible jokes and commended the class on racking up the most tardies ever(to which they all cheered). Very disappointing.

Terry getting his diploma



After the graduation we stood around for a long time outside(this family tends to do that), then went to the house to take some pictures.


There was a little bit of drama, mostly "discussed" the next day, but I won't get into it. Basically it had to do with miscommunication. It was a good reminder, though, of why TJ and I choose to have our own lives here in Kansas.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

never been to a graduation where the concession stand was open; that would make the graduations go by quicker I think :)

families always come with their unique set of problems, don't they? but mostly we love them (right??)

congrats to the new grad; sad the valectorian didn't do a better job with his speech, and he was the one with the best grades??

Cheesecake Factory. That's all I'm saying. Cheesecake Factory. Who can resist?

betty