Sunday, June 5, 2011

Post Flight -- Back In the Sunshine State!

The second flight on Friday went well. I slept on that one for about 20 minutes!! Instead of a movie they were showing NBC sitcoms. I made it through The Office, but fell asleep during Community. I woke up and 30 Rock was on LOL. I did not take another xanax before that flight and my nerves were fine. I ate my sandwich and donut.

It took a little while to get our baggage, then we headed over to get our rental car, which is right across from baggage claim. We went with Avis because it was the cheapest. It also happens to be the BEST! LOL They are the only ones that do not charge you extra if your second driver is your spouse :) The guy also upgraded us for free and then changed the car because he thought the first one had too many miles on it!! What we got was a Mitsubishi Gallant. Very nice

Then it was time to leave the airport!!



Tampa

Ford Ampitheatre at the State Fairgrounds

I-75

We are in the south!!!

After settling in to our hotel(which included unpacking and organizing all our stuff), we headed over to TJ's mom's house, stopping first to pick up dinner from Hungry Howies

We visited for a little while after, but then came back to the hotel early since I was wiped out. I was able to sleep very well that night, finally!!

Later I will have a post about our adventures yesterday.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's good to know about Avis. I usually like Enterprise though. How's the humidity?

That corgi :) said...

glad to hear all went well on the second leg of the trip and you got settled in fine!! good to work with a good car rental too and start out in a good frame of mind with it!!

betty