Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Cooking -- Pasta, Pudding and Pancakes

The pasta was not a part of my computer saved recipes, it was something I kinda made up as I went along!! But the Homemade Chocolate Pudding and Blueberry Pancakes were, both from girls named Carrie :)

We'll start with the pasta

I had no plain tomato sauce so I used a cheese and garlic one as a base. Then I started off sauteing mushrooms in olive oil

Then I added tomatoes and garlic

Then orange pepper

Then I got a little crazy and put in Bok Choy leaves!!!

I added it all to the sauce

Served with thin spaghetti and Schwann's garlic bread

And topped with fresh parmesan cheese


Chocolate Pudding


Do you have one of these? It's awesome. I got mine from Pampered Chef


This is the best whisk EVER. Seriously, it works extremely well.

Heating and mixing the ingredients




The finished product served in my violet pudding bowls :)

The only substitution I made was raw sugar.

Pancakes

Substitutions were multi-grain pancake mix, raw sugar and soy milk





I ran out of blueberries so I made the last 2(not pictured) with chocolate chips :)

I topped them with real maple syrup

I had also made lentil burgers, but they did not turn out very well so I did not include them.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I like your pasta dish and your creativity to throw in whatever you want; I bet it tasted good! '

pudding looked good too! I don't think I have ever had homemade pudding!

and of course the pancakes looked yummy!!

I liked your "P" theme food today!

betty