Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Saturday That Got Away

I had grand plans for today. I was going to sleep in until at least noon, then stay in pajamas all day maybe and do nothing productive but read and watch TV and just relax.

Didn't quite turn out like that.

I did sleep in until 11. Scout accompanied me to about 10, then at 11 he came in and decided to play "Lion King" by climbing on my hip and standing there or turning around, but never getting off of me. That caused me to get up and go to the bathroom, where he followed me and wanted fresh water from the sink. I went back to bed then to read and Scout sat on my lap and fell asleep LOL

I finished a book so I decided I would go into town to return it and get another(even though I am currently reading 2 others, but I like to have at least 3). First I washed my hair. Upon opening my front door I found a moving truck unloading stuff into my neighbor's carport(long story). I could not get my car out easily so I took the truck. Which meant taking a different set of keys. That didn't have my mini library card. And I did not take my purse, just my wallet. So I could not check out another book!

On the way home I stopped at the PX and got a slice of pizza and 2 rangoons. They were the most perfect rangoons ever and the pizza was heavenly.

Back at home I watched the da Vinci Code, played on the computer, made some photo collages on Snapfish and organized my recipes on the computer. Then I went downstairs and put some laundry in, made an apple crisp and did the dishes.

For dinner, TJ and I went to IHOP and then to Walmart. I got a blender/food processor for $40!! Now I am home doing this!!

So much for not being productive!! LOL. But that is the best thing about having a Saturday(or any day) with no plans......you can do anything you feel like, even if it is productive!!

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I think it turned out to be a great day! And I'm sure you will put to good use your blender/food processor!!

wow, I can't remember the last time I slept in until 11 a.m. much less noon! Had to be YEARS ago before kids. I'm an early riser so sleeping in past 7:30 is considered "sleeping in late"

hope you have a nice Sunday!

betty