Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Cooking -- Apple Crisp

I will be taking a hiatus from cooking from my computer saved recipes while I go through what I have in my refrigerator and freezer to reduce how much I have before the move. Maybe I will do a series on that :) But first I have 2 dessert recipes and a breakfast, the first being
Apple Crisp from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

The ingredients

I halved the recipe, left the skin on the apples, used spelt flour and instant oats and earth balance "butter".

Granny Smith apples


The crisp


In the oven!!

It came out good. I still have the other dessert to make and the breakfast.

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Love apple crips like this. When we lived in Oregon, we had an apple tree in our backyard so we made lots of crisps like this!

It is always fun to use up what you can before you move, especially the perishables in the fridge/freezer. We have been creative in mixing this and that together and coming up with some interesting delicious concoctions.

I do hope you share what you make!!

forgot to say yesterday, love your new blogger header picture!

happy weekend!

hope many days to the move? Out by the first?

betty

Robyn :) said...

We have to be out by the 3rd here. We are moving on the 30th so 14 more days(2 weeks from today -- yikes!!). We will be cleaning up this house after we move for those 3
days :)