Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Cooking -- BBQ Chicken Salad

Last night I made BBQ Chicken Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod. However, I went a little rogue with it.

I prefer to bake my chicken as opposed to grill or broil it, so I prepared that first.

Then I made the avocado vinagrette


They suggested using a blender or food processor. I have neither, so I used my hand immersion blender

Fabulous

Next up was the blue cheese vinagrette



Now, I did not have any lettuce for the salad. I did, however, have zucchini and squash from my friend, Angela.

I chose this big mamma jamma

Sliced it up and saute'd it in some avocado oil


I put it in a big tupperware and added the chicken and both vinagrettes.

It came out a bit, er, creamy, but still tasted good.

Plus, you can eat it warm or cold.

I did not use any potatoes, but you could certainly add those as well(which I may).

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

that looks good, I bet refreshing too in the summer heat!

betty