Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer Cooking -- Milkshake, StirFry, Egg Salad, Pasta salad and Wantons

Having fun using my new kitchen :) It is so nice to be able to cook and watch TV at the same time LOL. It makes me more motivated to keep it clean and want to cook more.

Yesterday I made a Chocolate Blueberry Milkshake from the fabulous Carrie on Vegan

I had the milk shake for breakfast

I used frozen blueberries, just a little banana, flax milk instead of soy, coconut extract, Nestle unsweetened cocoa and NO spinach (not ready for that yet). Vanilla and dates were the same.

It turned out great! I left it a little chunky, though. This was the first time I used my blender!!!

For dinner I made a stirfry (of my own creation)

Saute'd in toasted sesame oil

I bought skirt steak the day before and marinated it in a mixture of barbecue, worchestire and A-1 sauces.

Veggies I bought were broccoli and yellow pepper. I had a zucchini. I also threw in a couple of basil leaves.

Spices included allspice, celery seed, chives and chili powder.

Served in pretty bowls with Papa Johns breadsticks from Tuesday night.

Today I went crazy. First up was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dessert Wontons from Jenn at Peas and Crayons

I used spelt flour, raw sugar and mini Hersheys Kisses as substitutions.




Make sure you are using one wanton at a time! I didn't realize mine were sticking together so some of them were double wantons!



Next was Avocado Egg Salad from the Pioneer Woman Cooks

I did not have kosher salt so I used salt from Hawaii. Also, if anyone has a foolproof method of making hard boiled eggs that peel easily, please share!



This was crazy good!! And the first time used the food processor part of my blender :)

Lastly I made a Basil Pesto Pasta Salad


Since I could not find premade pesto at the Commissary or Dillons I had to make it myself

Yum

That is it for now. I am tired!! LOL

No comments: