Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sunday Cooking -- Wrapped in Bacon

Last weekend I made Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Worcestire Beef Logs.

They are both fairly simple recipes. The chicken came from the internet




And the beef logs are an old family recipe




This is the recipe...

STUFFED WORCESTER BEEF LOGS
1 1/2 pounds ground beef 1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs About 1/4 cup original worcestire sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped onions 6 strips Cheddar cheese, about 4x 1/4 inch
1 egg, lightly beaten 6 slices bacon


Lightly combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt and 4 teaspoons of the worcestire sauce. Divide into 6 parts. Shape one part of the beef mixture around each cheese strip to form a roll. Wrap a bacon slice around each roll. Place on a jelly roll pan. Brush liberally with worcestire sauce. Bake in a preheated very hot oven(475 F) for 15 to 18 minutes or until done as desired brushing once more with worcestire sauce. YIELD: 6 portions.

I copied that word for word. Did you notice the discrepancy in the title?

I also made modifications. I used panko bread crumbs and dehydrated onions. Instead of brushing with the sauce I poured it ocver and rolled the logs in it and then just poured more at the end. I used a foil covered cookie sheet, not a jelly roll pan. I ended up with 7 logs.

What is a favorite recipe of yours?

No comments: