Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Black Friday 2011

This is going to be a loooong post so get comfortable! LOL

I had a heck of a time trying to find the Daily Union Wednesday morning. They were late in delivering them. I finally got one at their offices around 10am!! Then the fun began..

The preliminary discard pile on the right was very small


Discards after reading

First round


I am quite proud of the last minute Petco flyer I made!!

Some key ads were missing, though, so Thanksgiving morning I sent hubby to get the Topeka Capitol Journal.

They had a few I did not have

But no Penneys or Kmart!!

The final plan

I even made a special one for TJ to look for a Christmas present for me LOL

I decided to stick to JC and Manhattan instead of going to Topeka.

At about 11pm I headed over to Walmart. When I walked in there was a very long line for what i thought was the cash registers. I almost left, but that standing mixer was calling me! Besides, lines are part of the fun!! Well, the mixer was gone! But I picked up a game, some candles, a pair of jeans for TJ and pajama pants for me. Then I went to the front. I guess that line was for something else because the lines at the registers were regular. I only had to wait like 2 minutes. It was not midnight, yet, but the stuff I got went on sale at 10pm so I got the discounts!! I did not stick around for the midnight electronics release! Then I went home and slept for 2 hours.

At 3 I got up and then headed to Manhattan. First stop was Penneys. This would be the only store I would wait out on the cold for. It was not as bad as last year. It was in the 40s with wind. I got there 20 minutes early and they let us in 10 minutes early! I wanted memory foam for the bed, but they did not have a queen size!! I ended up getting an outfit for Christmas, socks, and gloves. Plus a free snowglobe :)

Next I went down to Sears and snagged the last Hamilton Beach standing mixer!! It was a few dollars more than the one at Walmart, but that was ok. Then I stood in the slowest line ever!

After Sears I took a breakfast break and got a cinnamon twist. Then I went to Kmart. I got lots of stuff there!!! A memory foam bathmat for $7 and a $12 tree skirt were the biggies!! I also got a bunch of Christmas socks, a soft warm cap, and presents for my friend, Amanda's, babies (which I think are being born today).

Then I went to Walgreens to get a Mickey Mouse cat bed for Scout, but they did not get them! The manager offered to call the other store up the road, though, and they had them! So I went there. (don't tell him!!)

Next I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond. They had a 20% off coupon and I got myself an apple peeler/corer!!! As I was checking out TJ called from the mall where he was getting my new ring and we decided to meet at Best Buy. The phones we wanted were free again with a 2 year contract so we got those (LG Marquee's). The girls helping us were very nice and helpful!! While there we saw a friend from church who had just come from Joann's where she spent $250, but saved $800!!!! I went there next. Did not spend or save nearly as much, but I got some fabric, yard and a blanket :) Was able to use 2 coupons!!! I had to wait FOREVER, though, to get my fabric cut so by the time I was done Petco was open.

I got Scout a kitty condo!! He will be so happy Christmas morning :)

My finally stop was Target. I was hoping to get the Memory foam we saw there for $80 during the pre-sale, but it had gone back to over $100 so I passed. I got a jersey sheet set instead, plus a scarf, more jeans for TJ and a shirt for me.

And that was it! I did not make it to Goody's and I still need to go to True Value to get some Christmas lights with a coupon.

It was a very successful year and I had fun. I am glad I did not go to Topeka as well!! I caught a cold and that drive back would have been brutal!

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I do think, like you, that it was a success!! Good for you for all your planning and organizing about it! My niece went out last night to shop, shopped 9 p.m. to 3:30 a.m., said she got the majority of her shopping done and saved lots of money! So I guess it is worth it!

betty

Tracie said...

awww. Walmart had the memory foam (2inch) toppers with the cooling stuff for $30 and they had queen. I only went to Walmart this year and got the Xbox with Kinect for $200 and got a $50 gift card back (so basically I spent $150 which is the normal price for just the Kinect!!!!) :D :D :D

Congrats on your finds and sorry I did not respond about Thanksgiving dinner. We moved so our internet has been out for a bit.