Thursday, November 3, 2011

Black Friday Countdown

It is getting closer!!! This is just an update, though.

I have decided to spend this year's Black Friday in Topeka!! I have been hesitant to do this before as it is an hour drive, but I think with some Red Bull and loud music it will be fine :)

Toys R Us is opening at 10pm, but I think I am going to hold out until the midnight opening of Target :) Macy's also opens at midnight. I think Walmart will, too, and probably Sears. Oh, and Kohl's!! I know JCPenny's won't open until 4am.

My tentative plan is to have dinner at about 2pm(maybe earlier) on Thursday and then take a nap no later than 6, but hopefully by 4 or 5. I will get up at 10 or 10:30 and be on the road by 11pm for the midnight openings!

I am hoping to find deals on a down comforter(going to get anyway for our big Christmas gift, but it would be nice to find it on sale!), free standing mixer under $100(I can HOPE), big towels or bath sheets, a nice vaccum cleaner under $100, a cat tree or condo for Scout(another thing I will be getting anyway, but am hoping for a deal), memory foam for our bed, blue Christmas lights(gonna get regardless), and snowpants.

Are you going to Black Friday? What is the earliest you will go? What stores?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I did hear about Macy's opening at midnight. I think you have a good plan to get there with catching a nap before you drive to Topeka; hoping the weather cooperates with you and the roads are good ones!!

I will be working the day after Thanksgiving so no Black Friday shopping for me. Plus with our tight budget, we're only buying for a few people and not ourselves.

Hope you get the deals you are looking for!

betty