Saturday, November 5, 2011

Not OK!!!

Do you know what happened just a little while ago???

My couch MOVED!

It went back and forth, back and forth.

Except it wasn't my couch, it was the ground!!

There was an EARTHQUAKE. In Kansas! Only it wasn't Kansas,it was Oklahoma. But it was big enough to feel here.

That is not ok.

We should only have to worry about tornadoes and ice storms. Maybe a blizzard.

But not earthquakes. I moved AWAY from California to get away from those. I know there are fault lines everywhere, but still.

I thought Scout was in the couch, but quickly realized the movement was not jerky enough. It was a rolling motion. I knew then immediately what was going on.
Then I went outside. A guy across the parking lot came out on his balcony and was leaning over the railing to see if the neighbors were responsible LOL

One good thing, though, is that I could not hear it (because there was no shaking). I did not have to put my hands over my ears and yell, which is my normal earthquake reaction. I did have a few choice words after, though.

Unfortunately TJ is at drill this weekend(and closer to the epicenter but apparently slept through it) so sleep is going to be tricky tonight.

I think Scout tried to warn me earlier by meowing by the front door and tearing up the carpet, but he normally does that so it was ineffective. When it happened he was in the spareroom and came out only because I opened the back door.

Let's hope this doesn't happen again.

4 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I did hear about an earthquake there. Glad you are all okay. Honestly, I rather take an earthquake over a tornado.

betty

Kim said...

I hear ya, Betty!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Yikes! Glad it was a mild one, nothing serious, and I definitely hope you don't get any more!

Supposedly even our area has had a couple of tremors (low on the scale, 4.something) over the past year, but I've never felt a thing. We're not in an earthquake (or hurricane or tornado) zone, thank goodness. We just have 5 months of winter. LOL.

Carrie said...

Wow. Glad everyone is okay!

I've never experienced an earthquake myself, but both my parents have a few memories of them. However, apparently I slept through one once, because I distinctly remember a day at school when all anyone could talk about was how things starting jumping off the breakfast table, or how they woke up when their bed moved. I was just a kid, and kind of disappointed I'd missed it. lol.