Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

Every year on Halloween our school tries to do something fun. My first year there we went up to Milford Lake Nature Center for the day. the next year we had activities around the school. Last year we wore costumes in the afternoon and went Trick or Treating at local businesses. This year, we went to pumpkin patches. Our lower grades went to one in Clay Center and the older kids went to Walter's Pumpkin Patch in Burns, KS.





I was able to be with the class I am normally with most of the day :) It was fun to watch them have fun and some things I even joined in on stuff like the jumping pillow and corn pit. I did not go down the underground slide or play on the playground LOL




I did go into the corn maze with a few kiddos

And managed to lose them all LOL

They all made it out though, of course.



After lunch we took a tractor pull ride out to the pumpkin field



Before choosing our pumpkins(everyone got 1) we learned about the different kinds.

I chose a perfect littlish one and one of the kids took this picture for me :)

I really liked this place. I had heard of it before and was told it was awesome. It is over an hour away, though, but I think well worth the drive. I plan to go back on my own next year and get a few pumpkins :) I wonder what we will do at school?

Have you been to the pumpkin patch? What was it like?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

What a fun place to visit! I'm sure the corn maze was an adventure! Glad you found your way out of it too!

betty