Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baking Frenzy

So yesterday I started my holiday baking. It was snowing out (not a whole lot, but it was continuous) so it was the perfect day to stay in and make some sweet goodness!!

I started out making Kolacky dough. You have to chill it for several hours or overnight so I will be making those (the first batch) sometime today. Next I made sugar cookies from a mix. I had to chill that for an hour. So then I made some gingerbread dough, BUT that had to chill for 2 hours (do you see a theme here?). I really did not realize I had to chill all that dough! And I had only taken one package of butter out of the refrigerator to soften so my other cookie recipes could not be made yet, either (you probably have to chill them, too!!). I did attempt to make some mini pecan sticky buns, but could not find any yeast!! So

I made the sugar cookies with some red and green sprinkles, then whipped together some chocolate drop cookies (box of cake mix, 1 and 3/4 cup Cool Whip, and 1 egg. Mix together, then form into little balls and roll in powdered sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes). When I was done with those I made gingerbread men (using a recipe on Carrie's blog).

I think my next baking day(aside from the Kolackys) will be tomorrow, as it is supposed to snow again. I plan to make nut balls, peppermint sugar cookies, frosted butter cookies and fudge.

And since I do not have any pictures from yesterday, here are a few from last Friday when we went to the Harley Shop to see Santa



Have you been baking? What do you make?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm big enough, so I'm avoiding baking this year, thankyouverymuch.