Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Book Review -- The Night Before Christmas

I thought I would share some of my favorite holiday books with you in a mini series of posts.

I am going to start with the all time classic, The Night Before Christmas. I have 2 versions of this story. The first is actually a newer copy I picked up recently (I cannot remember where!!). I have a copy from when I was a kid, but it is falling apart so I am glad to have one I can use so I can preserve the original.

This is the newer copy

These are some of my favorite pictures from this one..






The other copy I have is this amazing one.

It was a gift from my mom 's cousin.

The drawings in this book are AMAZING

Not only do they have the color pictures they also have these incredible pencil drawings

More color ones


I also really like the cat and dog

More beautiful pictures







Of course, the story itself is timeless and was the introduction of the tradition of Santa Claus that is so popular today.

Other books I will be reviewing are Rudolph, Frosty, Fear Not, Berenstein Bears Christmas Tree and Santa's Toy Shop. Which one would you like to hear about next?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Fear Not for your next book because I have never heard of it.

I do like the copy that you got from your mom's cousin; those drawings are very intricate in my opinion!

This story is always so cute to read the night before Christmas (duh) to kids; I think it is a fitting one indeed to share with us!

betty