Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Fudge

I have written about this before, but Christmas fudge is something that is very dear to my heart. 2 of my mom's cousins would make it at Christmas(one with fudge, one without) and exchange it with us for cinnamon and fruit bread and later on, cookies. I miss that. Last year our neighbors brought fudge, one with nuts, one without. This year I bought a fudge kit to make fudge.

I have done this once before. It is very convenient, but I think if I wanted to make my own I could manage that!

The first step of boiling the butter, sugar mix and evaporated milk is the most complicated as you have to constantly stir it!

Mixing in the marshmallows and chocolate morsels was kind of hard, too LOL

But the end result is soooooo worth it!

My mom would be appalled, but I added nuts this time. I had about a half cup of slivered almonds and it sounded good so I added them in :)

Eggnog is the perfect compliment to eating what is left in the bowl :)

We will be delivering a couple plates of cookies and fudge this afternoon, then I will go to Walmart to get the last of TJ's presents. Our friends are coming to bring us goodies this evening and we will also be going to dinner at a Chinese restaurant and maybe looking at lights on Post. I am also thinking of going to Mass.

What are you doing for Christmas Eve??

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'll be going to church with my folks this evening and then we'll go to dinner after. I'm going to try to take them to see the sparkle balls, that is, if Dad is up to it.