Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Questions

I "stole" this from Lauren's Blog. Feel free to "steal" it from me :)

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Depends on what I am in the mood for. This year I am going to pick up some eggnog at Braum's. I will probably have it with breakfast the week before Christmas. I will probably get hot chocolate when i am out looking at lights. So I guess the best answer is BOTH.

Colored lights on tree/house or white? COLORED!!!!!! This year I have all blue, though. White to me is boring. Unless it is a really awesome display.

Do you hang mistletoe? No,I am afraid it will fall and Scout will get to it and it will poison him. I suppose I could get something fake.

When do you put your decorations up? I like to do it Thanksgiving weekend, but sometimes I end up doing it the week or weekend after.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmm..I don't really have one. I do like homemade tamales this time of year. And we have Chinese for Christmas dinner and I like that.

Favorite holiday memory as a child? When I was 10 my cousins and aunts and uncles came from Illinois and our house was filled and it was awesome. When I was 6 my cousin Patti came to celebrate with us.


When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Not sure the age and I think I suspected already, but one year my mom put out a present from Santa before Christmas.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We didn't used to, but then one year when I was in my twenties I would go on Christmas message boards on AOL and people talked about the tradition of getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve and my mom and I started this. Now that she is gone I buy a pair and wrap it for Christmas Eve :) And I have my husband open something.


How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It varies year to year :) Last year I did all round ornaments. This year I have a blue theme.


Snow! Love it or dread it? LOVE IT!!! I grew up in Southern California and there was no snow(unless you went to the mountains) so it is a thrill for me to experience it now.

Do you remember your favorite gift? Absolutely. My Funshine Carebear. I also got an awesome teacart and dishes one year :) Oh, and the dollhouse my cousin made for me.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? Kolacky cookies (I make), Krum Kaga (my cousin used to make but now I order from a Swedish bakery) and my cousins' fudge.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Looking at Christmas lights. My dad took me until he died, then my mom, then I drove myself. I still go, sometimes by myself, sometimes with TJ. I go different places and spread it out over several nights.

Candy Canes: Yuck or yum? Okay. I can usually only have about one. I like the fruit flavored ones. In high school I would get so many the day before vacation and I would eat them all and that would be it for me LOL. My husband does not like mint of any kind.

Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Gift with John Denver. This year I have been liking Nothing Like The Holidays. I also love A Very Brady Christmas. I always try to watch Smoky Mountain Christmas and Christmas Story as well as It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and White Christmas.

Saddest Christmas song? I'll Be Home For Christmas and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.

What is your favorite Christmas song? Feliz Navidad. As for a hymn I like O Come All Ye Faithful.

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I liked reading these, Robyn. My son and his friends used to drink eggnog with Dr. Pepper; I like plain eggnog with cinnamon on top of it. Always fun to go and look at lights!

betty

Fuzzy Tales said...

This was fun to read!

You wouldn't be so thrilled about snow if you lived in most parts of Canada. LOL.

Oh, favourite Christmas movie: Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. OMC, it's hilarious, I never get tired of watching it. And I just watched the original animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas on TV last night...Sigh. I've been watching that my entire life and I'm 47 now. It's just not Christmas without it, though! :-)

-Kim