Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas wonderful readers! I have a picture extravaganza for you today. Scout will show you what he got for Christmas tomorrow, but I will show you the rest.

Okay, so last night we began present opening. We always open one each on Christmas Eve. TJ LOVED his present!!

Ha ha!! That was just the decoy on top. Here are the actual presents

There was a pair of dress pants, too. He wore the tie to church this morning.

I got a pair of pajama pants

Which I bought on Black Friday and wrapped up for myself!! LOL

The memory foam was restored to its proper fullness

And the boys tested it out

TJ said this morning that he did not toss and turn last night like he usually does :)

Tree at midnight

I stayed up for awhile watching TV and knitting.

This morning we went to church. It was all scripture reading and hymns. We only had Sacrament Meeting, but then there was a baptism as well!! Also, I had a bit of a miracle this morning. A couple weeks ago I tried on a skirt I bought for today on Black Friday and it did not fit. This morning I got on the scale and discovered I had lost a few pounds so I tried the skirt on again and it fit!! So I wore that and the black blouse I bought to go with it plus my red heels.

So, after the baptism we came home and rested a bit before we opened presents. I made some stovetop potpurri

Then we got to the presents. TJ bought me this beautiful cat necklace

And purple sweater

And a new wedding ring

My aunt and uncle sent these pretty placemats and coasters

My friend, Bren, brought by some goodies

After this things turned a little sad. Well, more than a little. I logged on to Facebook and there was a message from one of my cousins. Our cousin, Natalie, was in a bad motorcycle accident a few nights ago and early this morning she passed away from her injuries. She was only 22 and has a young child. I would like to ask you to keep her family in your prayers.

With a heavy heart I got started on dinner. I made Prime Rib and it was a pain to get it to cook properly!! It turned out a bit more rare than we would have liked. I will be cooking the left overs again tomorrow and hope to get them to at least medium!! I also made mashed potatoes which were awesome and some tasty green beans and a weird sweet potato dish (TJ liked it, but I did not). And of course we had Sparkling Cider


I should probably get dessert going (a Buche de Noel and the goodies above). I think I will be going to bed rather early tonight.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

That's horrible about Natalie. On a positive note though, I love your plates. :)

Robyn :) said...

Thank you, they are from Target.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Robyn, I'm glad you had a good Christmas, but it's terrible news about your cousin. I'm keeping her family in my prayers and the boys are sending their purrs.