Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

What is everyone doing today??? I am just relaxing. Having some protein packed snacks (cheese and sausage lol).

Yesterday we had a very busy day, First, we went to help clean the church. Then we went to the bank and to get gas and a cooler(in preparation for some cold stuff we would buy later)

Then we finally got on the road. We made a stop at the Lawrence Service Station on the toll road for a snack and I got this little dude

Finally we made it to the Overland Park area. Our first stop was The Scrapbook Page in Shawnee Mission. I had a 40% off coupon that I used to get a square punch. I also scored 4 packs of photo sleeves for $3 each!!

Next we headed down to the actual OP to have lunch at Sweet Tomatoes

I recently discovered that they have this restaurant down there. TJ and I used to eat at it all the time in Florida. it is awesome. I wish we had one closer.

We were going to go to Whole Foods next, but because we made a wrong turn we ended up going to the Rawhide Harley shop next

I fell in love with all of the orange bikes




Then we went back to Whole Foods and Cheesecake Factory to get dessert for later :)

Our last stop was the mall to go to Build-A-Bear and we got a Smurf. I named him Clueless Clumsy Smurf because the tag said Clumsy but since he is always looking off to the side he seems kind of clueless lol. Here are some pictures of him




On the way back we stopped at Red Lobster for dinner.

Not long after we got home I poured me my first glass of Sparkling Apple Pomegranete Cider for the evening

I didn't make it through my second glass before my poor tummy started to hurt :(
Frosty and Santa got lit

Scout tried to go out to look for a party, but ultimately decided to stay in with us :)


We had our cheesecake


I decided to go old school for noisemakers with a pot and spoon and I also discovered that a metal spatula against a metal grater makes a nice sound as well!!

To help stay awake we watched the big Bang Theory marathon on TBS. At 11:30pm we tried watching the ball drop in Aggieville but they were having "tech" difficulties. Seriously, they could not even spell out technical so I did not hold out much hope (unless they were being brutally honest and it was the tech who was having difficulties!!)

All in all it was a great day and a nice start to 2012.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I think it was a wonderful start of a new year! Those cheesecake pieces look delicious! Other than your stomach not feeling good, I think it was an awesome day you had! Now onto the rest of the year! Happy New Year Robyn and TJ!

betty