Saturday, January 14, 2012

HOG Party and Winter Cleaning Update

Tonight was TJ's motorcycle gang's (better known as the HOG group) Christmas party. They always do it in January and it is the first meeting of the year as well. They also do an ornament and gift exchange. This year it was at Kite's in Downtown JC (I think they usually have it there). TJ forgot they had an ornament exchange, but we did participate in the gift exchange. Our contribution was a Harley Davidson puzzle. We got a cookbook and eye popping pig

Not sure how much use I will get out of the cookbook, but I have had a ball playing with the pig! One of his eyes is almost coming off already lol. It came in this cool bag

Each table had these nice centerpieces and if you had an x under your chair you got one. I got this one

We also sat with this guy and his wife

He wasn't dressed as Santa, though, lol.

I also did some more cleaning and purging today. We took the ornaments off the tree and packed them up. I got a lot of decorations packed up, too, but came to realize the tub I have is too small so we need to get another. In the meantime I am storing everthing on the spare bed. I got all the angels taken down and packed up, and the bookcase refilled. I purged a bunch of books. We also moved the credenza from the diningroom to the livingroom for TJ to use in his Man-Corner. I also got the refrigerator and freezer cleaned out. Tomorrow after church we will do a little more cleaning up in the livingroom before our visiting teachers come and I want to do some more in my craftroom so we can move the desk out and the plastic cabinet in. Ideally, I would like to have all the rearranging done on Monday, but that may not happen. Then, next weekend for sure!! I will be working on cleaning the kitchen and bathroom and bedroom during the week.

Although I call this Winter Cleaning it was more like Spring Cleaning as it was in the 50s today!!! And it will be in the 60's tomorrow! Crazy.

What have you been up to this weekend??

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Robyn, I hope you give the cookbook a try! It's one of my favorites. ;) I have two books in the "cake doctor" series, and they are a great resource for days when you need a special dessert without a load of extra work!

But regarless, I'm glad you guys had a good time. :)

Carrie said...

regardless*