Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Magic of the Brady's


When I was in elementary school and my cousin babysat me after school I was introduced to the wonderful world of The Brady Bunch. I believe it came on at 4, after The Waltons and we(my 2 cousins and the 2 other girls that were babysat there) would all gather in the livingroom to watch. One of my most vivid memories was the 2 oldest girls(my cousin Melissa and her friend, Kim) teaching the rest of us to hula using moves they learned from the Hawaii episode of the Brady Bunch.

I would go on to watch this awesome show on my own, many afternoons throughout my childhood. Over and over and over again. I have seen it so much, every episode at least 10 times(some probably 20), that I can easily identify about 90 percent of the episodes. You know how Dr. Reid on Criminal Minds and Sheldon Cooper on Big Bang Theory have eidetic memories? I do, too, when it comes to the Brady Bunch.

Now, about(gulp)30 years later, I have introduced the kiddo I babysit afterschool, Miss K, to the joy of the Brady Bunch. We watch it when we get home and she is impressed with my quick episode identifying skills. She asks to watch it. I even gave her a little mini book I had called The Brady Bunch Guide To Life and she took it to school to read! I am so happy to have been able to share a piece of my childhood with Miss K and tyo spread the Brady Bunch love.

No comments: