Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Look, New Year

My hair was getting too long and had too many tangles. Plus, the roots were growing out (not to mention my bangs!)

So I decided that this was the perfect time to get my hair cut and colored again

My regular girl was booked up and the girl I saw last time was on vacation so I saw another lady on this visit (I always go to The Mane Thing). I love the cut she gave me and am very pleased with the color.

I got a lot of compliments on it at work today, many from the kiddos :) In fact, first thing this morning, one 5th grader came over to me and said "LOVE the hair!"

I had been feeling a bit depressed about going back to work. I had gotten used to sleeping in, hanging out with the cat, watching TV, etc. I felt a little more optimistic after getting my hair done yesterday, but this morning I was feeling kind of down again. However, not even 5 minutes after being at work I felt fine again, great in fact, and I was positive for the rest of the day. I am very happy to be back. It is wonderful to have a job that makes you feel that way.

And it's a Tuesday!! Usually not a great day, but this one was :)

5 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

It looks terrific! I do love both the cut and colour, what a great pick-me-up, especially at this time of year.

My stylist is off for the next 3 months with her first baby (C-section because of a breech birth on Dec 19), and I don't want anyone else to touch my hair. So I'm going to look pretty scraggly by the time March rolls around. LOL.

Robyn :) said...

I have decided I am only going to get my hair done 3 times a year -- before school starts, New Years and the beginning of summer vacation :)

Kim said...

Oh you are a brave, brave woman to get it done 3 times a year. I got me some white hair now, so those roots have to be dyed every 6 weeks!

Your hair looks cute!

Robyn :) said...

Thanks :) My roots should be done every 6 weeks, but I do not want to spend the money. I would rather get my nails done and an occasional pedicure :)

That corgi :) said...

Love your 2012 look Robyn! Looks very nice with the cut and color! I like how you are going to have your hair done three times a year too (read through your comments).

It is hard to go back to work after a break, especially if it was a good break like yours seemed to be. I'm sure by the end of the week you'll be back to the routine and then looking forward to your next break!

betty