Thursday, January 5, 2012

Purging Plans

I have decided yet again to do some major purging this winter in my home. As I have mentioned before, I like to do Winter Cleaning instead of Spring, but it is more of Winter Purging as I am going to get rid of things :) I am also going to do so some major "redecorating" (ie moving furniture and items around).

Just a little preview of what I plan to do...

The Diningroom is getting a major overhaul. I will be using the closet as the sole pantry so the big storage cupboard on the left will be moved to the spare room for my scrapbooking materials. The dresser will be moved to the corner to the left and the white shelf(which is now in the spareroom) next to it.



The photo albums will be moved to the bedroom along with the photo boxes.


The livingroom will pretty much stay the same, but I will be donating a lot of books to Goodwill.

In the spareroom I will be getting rid of my skinny desk and downsizing my scrapbooking and craft stuff.

In the bedroom I will be doing several things. First of all, in the corner there by my side of the bed I will be putting my brown credenza (it is in the diningroom now) and putting the photo boxes in and around it.


I have a bigger shelving unit that my Build A Animals are on now, but they will be moved and the shelving unit used for my photo albums.

The animals will be moved to here...

I will also be doing a major cleaning out of the closet and my drawers.

I plan to start on this purging and rearranging this weekend while TJ is at drill. Plus I have Monday off.

Is anyone else planning on some Winter Cleaning??

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

That's cool you have Monday off! I like your purging/reorganizing plans; I bet when it is all done it will look really good! I am actually winter cleaning/purging! Now that the inlaws passed, we can start really getting down to what we want to keep and what we want to get rid of. Plus we got to make room because our son is coming back to live with us at the end of the month so we need to make room for his stuff he's bringing. So little bit at a time doing things too.

Have a good weekend decluttering/purging and rearranging!

betty