Friday, January 27, 2012

Winner Winner Enchilada Dinner!!!!

After 5 long years of searching and trying enchiladas at numerous different restaurants within a 60 mile radius I have finally found an enchilada that lives up to my enchilada standards right in JC. It is at Panchos, which just opened today.

Panchos is different from the other Mexican restaurants around because it is a "fast" food place. It is not a table service restaurant. Also, it is open 24 hours. The only other eatery open 24 hours is McDonalds, but only 3-4 days a week. So, not only can I finally get an enchilada made the way I like it in town I can also get it at 3am if I am craving it!!!

What makes their enchildas so awesome is the sauce. It is the bright red kind. That is what I like. And all the cheese. The only other place I have found that makes an equally good taco out here is Toto's Tacos in Wamego, but that is 30-40 minutes away.

Panchos also serves Horchata which is a cinnamon and rice milk drink. I could get that in the morning before work(they have a drive thru, too!). Tonight I decided to try the Tamarindo which is a tamarind fruit drink. It was like a fruit punch, but not sticky sweet. They were kind enough to give me a small cup to sample first, but then I ordered it. I may have to look for that in the grocery store.

This is definitely going to be a much visited restaurant for me. Hopefully other people will agree and keep it in business!!

No comments: