Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our Love Story

Stole this from another blog, feel free to steal it from me

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We started dating in March 2005, so 7 years next month.


2. How did you meet? (What's your "love" story?)?
We met at a church function in January 2004. We ended up playing Scrabble with 2 other people. I think my friend, Jeff, really wanted to play Scrabble and was looking for people and TJ volunteered(I was already going to play). Or TJ wanted to play and we joined him (I think the first is more plausible). Anywat, that was how we met. For about the next year we would see each other at church functions or at church if I went to his ward. In December of 2004 there was a dance and he came and asked me to dance. Then another guy stole me away!! ha ha. That did not last long and I realized I liked TJ. I asked him out in March 2005 and we went to the Strawberry Festival. We got engaged in May 2005 and were going to get married Nevmeber 2005, but the jerks he worked for talked him out of it because they were supposedly going to deploy the next month and it would cause a strain(they knew the whole time there was no deployment). We ended up getting married in July 2006.


3. If married, how long have you been married?
5 1/2 years.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?

We got married at our church building (for free-- one of the many blessings of tithe paying) in a meeting room, then had the reception in the social hall. It was small --no more than 50 people. It was his family, my family, some of my friends and some members of my church ward.


5. Do you have any nicknames that you call one another?
I call him Babe, Honey, Sweetheart and he calls me Babe.




6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey?
1. How to say this? He does not easily express his feelings or say mushy or lovey dovey things so on the rare occasions he does it makes it all the more special to me.
2. He helps out around the house when I ask him :) And does his own laundry(his choice, not mine because I would gladly do it)
3.he is always good to me.





7. Tell us how he proposed?
Well, he had bought the ring on Friday and his nephew said something when I came to pick TJ up for a date. I didn't understand him, though, but everybody yelled 'Joey, No!!" so I asked him what he said and he told me "Uncle bought you a ring". I was not overly surprised because we had talked about getting married. The next day we went to a wedding reception, then went back to my apartment to watch TV. At one point he asked if I was sure I wanted to marry to him. Then he asked which finger was the ring finger and then he proposed.


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
ha ha ha ha ha ha. He is a teddy bear (and dog), no flowers guy. I bought rose petals for our dinner table.




9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Sunset dinner on the beach. because I love the beach lol. For our 5th anniversary we took a sunset dinner cruise in Florida.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Travel to new places with him, like Greece and Italy and Hawaii, and also show him my favorite cities like Seattle and New York. I would like to have a baby in the next few years with him :) And buy a house.




11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.
I made a very simple dinner but with a theme and decorated our diningroom table. Last Saturday we went to a church dance. This Saturday I want him to join me in Topeka for dinner(I will be scrapbooking)





12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?
I always ask for flowers. I never get them lol.




13. Give us one piece of advice to keep a relationship strong and full of love.
Be kind. Say you are sorry when you have been mean. Be honest. Show respect for one another. Say I love you often. Remember to do little things. Neither of us leaves the other without kissing goodbye.




14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

1 comment:

College Dating said...

Aww. This is the sweetest entry that I have read! :')