Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Yearly Thing

Sooo..I haven't been posting too much because I have been sick. I caught my annual Winter cold which is always a big one. It came a couple weeks ago and gave a preview, then went away. A week later it came back in full force. I am currently battling a cough. And I had a Squirty(nasal spray) situation.

I had Friday off and slept all day. Saturday I had an all day crop in Topeka and Sunday I slept all afternoon and was only up for about an hour before going to bed for the night. I felt really run down, too (I also had cramps). When I woke up early Monday I knew I wouldn't make it to work. Throughout the day I coughed a lot, stayed in bed or sat on the couch, battled the cramps, got diarrhea and felt achy and sometimes cold. My temperature was a bit elevated. I normally run 96 on my thermometer and I was a 98 most of the day. I did not sleep, though. I also started getting depressed and I think it was because I forgot to take my Celexa the night before. I toom it plus half a Xanax. I still had trouble falling asleep. I was resolved to go to work today.

When I woke up I had bad anxiety, but still wanted to go to work so I made myself. As I suspected once I was there I was fine. I was a bit worried about how I would feel when I left because last year I had a similar situation where I was happy all day at work, but when I got in my car to leave I wanted to cry and was nauseous. This followed a bad cold. I think it helped that I had Miss K after school today because I did not feel like that at all.

I think part of the problem is that I am tired of being sick. I am trying to rest as much as possible and plan to do some major cleaning on Saturday to catch up on everything.

I am also going to start taking Vitamin C on a regular basis!

2 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I take a lot of vitamins/supplements every day and swear by echinacea and vitamin C for colds (not flu, obviously). When I feel a cold coming on I'll take double or tripe the dose of echinacea for a couple of days, and double or triple my usual vitamin C too. Whether it really helps or I just believe it does--and so it does--well, I can't say. LOL. But that's what works for me.

Robyn :) said...

I will have to add echinacea to my daily vitamin intake.