Friday, March 23, 2012

Back From The Big City

I actually did not make it into KC today, but did drive past it lol. I went to Overland Park and Nebraska Furniture Mart.

I still have some pictures to take, but I will share a few things to hold you over lol.

First of all, since last week's doctor visit I have lost 8 pounds!! I know walking has helped with this, but I mainly credit changing my diet to eating mostly vegetarian. I did have some fish in a salad the other day and some chicken salad this evening, but other than that I have had veggies, grains and beans. And tofu. I plan to continue this with maybe eating meat or poultry or fish once a week (like on the weekend). There has been someone who has really been an inspiration to me and has been very encouraging and that is Carrie from Carrie On Vegan. I know her from college and reconnected with her through Facebook then started following her blog. I have mentioned her and her blog before. I have also mentioned that once in college she stayed in mine and my roomate's dorm room over winter break(ours was the only dorm open then) and she left us very pretty potpurri pillows as thank you gifts :) Anyway, I have gotten good recipes from her blog and good ideas and she has suggested foods and books and just been really encouraging to me and that has meant a lot.

Okay, back to my day. Highlights include going into Nebraska Furniture Mart for some Sees Candy and coming out with a chair and an iPod stereo/radio too (lol), buying new makeup at Sephora (Bare Minerals), downloading books on my Nook for the first time, finally getting a flourescent pink headband after 25 years, cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and lots of good food(and flowers!!) from both Whole Foods AND Trader Joes. I will explain more tomorrow.

My jeans are looser, too, so I better make that cheesecake last a week lol!! Or give most of my slice to TJ. Those candies from yesterday will be saved and I will reward myself with a bite or 2 of cheesecake instead this week :)

Tomorrow will be busy with a swap shop at church and getting taxes done. Plus I want to get my bathroom cleaned!

What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

WTG Robyn on the eight pounds gone! And it seems like you are doing it the right way with the change of what you eat!! That will help your cholesterol in the long run too! WTG girl!! Good idea to limit the pieces of cheesecake/candy. A little bit in moderation will still keep you on plan in your healthy eating game plan!

Sounds like a busy day for sure today!

I'm working today, church tomorrow, nap tomorrow afternoon :)

betty