Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pinterest Cooking #3 -- Beef and Choco PB Dessert

The cooking continued on Saturday and Sunday with these recipes..

Lime Ginger Beef Kabobs minus the kabobs!!

If you recall I had messed my oven up on Friday and unless I wanted my food smoked and the smoke detector going off and my apartment full of smoke I could not use it. So instead I sauted the beef on my stove.

I made the marinade on Friday in my blender. I used Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce and ground ginger instead of fresh. In the picture I have truffle oil, but I decided to go with EVO. It made a lovely green color

I let it marinate in the fridge for about 24 hours

It was quite good, but I did not make the avocado sauce to go with it.

On Sunday I tackled Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert Recipe. I say tackled because this was more difficult than one would be led to believe lol.

I made several substitutions and modifications to this. First, I used Earth Balance butter, Almond Butter, soy milk and Reece's PB eggs. I also only used half the amt of whipped cream.

I think the pan I used was too big. I also mixed EVERYTHING in the same bowl, so some of the ingredients overlapped.

It turned out just fine

No comments: