Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Are You Ready To Go Back?

During the previews before Hunger Games they showed a preview for the re-release of Titanic. I am so excited to see this in the theatres again. It is not the same watching it on TV.

I was not sure I wanted to see Titanic when it first came out. It seemed too intense, but with all the hype and positive reviews and people seeing it multiple times I decided I did want to see it.

The first time I went to see it was with my friend, Laura. She had already seen it. We had to wait in line to get in the theatre and it was packed. I absolutely fell in love with the movie. I had never seen anything like it. It took me from joy to crying, hope to despair, back to hope, all in the expanse of about 3 hours.

The second time I saw it in the theatre I went alone and it was not packed, but it was just as wonderful. I bought it on video (there was no DVD yet) the day it came out. For a long time it was my favorite movie. I had a poster and I framed 2 full page newspaper ads. I also got a music box and a Coeur de la Mer necklace (which I still have). I even went as Rose for Halloween one year.

It has not been my favorite for awhile now, but when I heard it was going to be re-released I was so excited. Because nothing compares to seeing it on the big screen.

(they are showing a commercial for it right now!)

I do not plan on seeing it in 3-D. It was not meant to be a 3D movie. It looks awesome digitally remastered, as seen in the preview. All the excitement and wonder and emotion came back when they showed that preview. My heart was so full and nearly burst.

I am making my husband go see it with me. To me, this is the ultimate romantic movie and back when I first saw it I kinda wished I had someone special (romantically) to see it with. Now I do :) And he does like the movie, too, Well, once the boat starts sinking and the action starts!! We will be seeing it next Monday, when we both have the day off.

I am so ready to go back.

Are you planning on seeing it in the theatre? Did you see it when it first came out?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I saw it when it first came out and totally enjoyed it. I probably won't see it this time around, but I agree with you, it wasn't made for 3-D. I don't like when they mess around with movies like this; keep it how it was made in the first place.

Enjoy your date!

betty