Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spreading The Happy Days Love

I think I talked awhile back about how I passed on my love of the Brady Bunch to Miss K. She still asks to watch it as soon as we get home and continues to be impressed with my quick episode identifying skils lol.

Well, if that little perpetuation of pop culture appreciation wasn't enough, would you belive that I also managed to pass on a love of Happy Days???? Yep, I did.

Happy Days comes on after the Brady Bunch so we watch that, too. One day at school we watched a promo video for the book fair and one of the books was cowritten by Henry Winkler aka The Fonz. They showed him talking about the book and even though he was quite a bit older, Miss K turned to me and whispered excitedly "It's Fonzie!" .

The other day at school Miss K was eager to tell me something. She found Happy Days on another chammel at home later at night (I believe on The Hub as I am watching it right now). It was one of the first season episodes and she was just amazed at how little Joanie was. She also did not like the original theme song of Rock Around the Clock.

I hope that Miss K continues to watch these shows and likes them. They are classics. I wonder if she will discover other classics such as Laverne and Shirley, Facts of Life and Mork and Mindy...all currently being shown on The Hub :)

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Those were all great shows! Glad she is enjoying them as much as you enjoy them!

betty