Friday, May 4, 2012

Yet Another Update!

Good morning everyone. This is going to be another one of those update posts, which seems to be all I do anymore, but I do have a goal to try to get a few posts up this week with pictures of things I have been doing.

Anyway, I have lost 20 pounds and hit a standstill. I think it is water retention. Not worried. When I hit 25 I am going to go buy a Coach purse!

I turned in the final paperwork for probate which means my part is DONE!! It will not be officially done until the paperwork gets filed with the court, but I am done and I can start using the money (apparently I have been able to do this since I got the signed petition papers back lol). I have already paid off our credit cards :)

We will hopefully be adding a new addition to our family this weekend -- a brand new car!!! A few weeks ago we started looking and had it narrowed down to 5 choices -- a Chevy Sonic or Cruze, Nissan Sentra, Ford Focus and Mazda 3. On Friday we test drove the last 3. We skipped the Chevy's because TJ said that from looking at them he could tell there was not a lot of room in the backseats, but there was in the Sentra, Focus and Mazda. We drove the Sentra first. It was very comfortable like my Buick, but did not wow me. I did like that we could get it with a navigation system, but I wanted a moon roof, too and Nissan does not have them both available. Next we went to the Ford dealer and drove the Mazda 3. It was awesome!!! I loved it. It is available with moon roof and navigation. Then I tried a Ford Focus. OMG, it was awful!!! The brakes were very touchy and jerky and it had no pickup. So we decided on the Mazda! Hopefully TJ will get out of work early today and we can take the truck and bike over for a trade in and buy it! They will need to find the exact one we want as they do not have it. When we get it I will give you the details.

On Wednesday I ran walked for 15 minutes and ran for 15!! That is my new record. Yesterday I was sick. I am feeling a little better today so I just took a short walk and am working on the house.

Last weekend we went to tour the new LDS Temple in KC. We took a very nice older gentleman from church with us and it was really nice. here are some pictures of the outside.



h

I really like that last one and may frame it. They are dedicating the temple this weekend. I am so excited to be able to watch it over satellite. This will be a first for me. This is the first time I have lived where a new one was built :)

Well, I better get back to cleaning. have a great weekend!

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

How exciting to get a new car!! Good for you on the 20 pounds, mix up your eating a bit; eat heavier one day, lighter the next, vary it a bit and that might help you get through the plateau. Great job with the exercise too! I remember just a short time ago how tired you were after a brief walk but look at you now!! You go girl!

betty