Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Music, Dining and Adjustments for the Trip(UPDATED)

Sooooooooo...things are not exactly going to plan lol. Some things are and some things are...not.

I got up with TJ this morning as planned, but it was cold so I did not exercise as early as planned. But I did manage to run 25 minutes and walk just a little over 5. I also managed to make it to the post office before my salon appointment. The original plan was a trim and highlights with new color, french acrylic manicure and spa pedicure. I changed my mond and instead of getting a traditional french manicure I got the tips colored pink :) I got my toes the same color with a great spa pedicure. I also just did color and no highlights and got more than a trim and then I also got my eyebrows and upper lip waxed for the first time. OW! I had the same girl do all of it so it was awesome. My appointment only lasted 5 hours instead of the estimated 6!

I started packing this morning. I found that the smaller black suitcase was too small for all that I wanted to take in to the hotels at night. But the big blue suitcase was PLENTY big so I decided to just use that one and lug it into the hotels lol. I also could not find my flowered toiletry bag so I had to use another bag that was smaller so I had to put a couple things in a small gift bag.

I do not think my big blue suitcase is going to fit into my hatchback!!! If not it will fit the other way with the seats folded down, but then that throws off the whole backseat configuration I had going!! LOL. It will all fit, but maybe not the way I had imagined. I also have to get the GPS set up and learn how to use it!!

To top all of this off I have cramps. And maybe a nervous stomach. I am excited, anxious, worried, sad, happy. And exhausted from getting up early! I should have no problem going to bed early tonight.

Okay, so now about the music. Certain parts of the trip require certain types of music. To start the journey I will be listening to Randy Travis' cover of Roger Miller's King of the Road and then when I get on the Interstate I will switch to Randy's Highway Junkie. I will probably listen to the rest of the CD and then switch to Abba to get me though boring Western Kansas!! In Colorado I will switch to church hymns in preparation of the temple. After the temple and for the rest of the time in Colorado it will be John Denver.

I have nothing specific for Utah, but in Nevada, especially Vegas it's gotta be Elvis!!! My entrance to Vegas must be Burnin' Love. It was the first time when my cousins took me and it will always be.

I do not really have anything specific for California either.

So, that leaves restaurants and food joints!! I have a couple places to check out in Vail, but in St. George I must visit Carl's Jr to have Fry Sauce and to the Sweet Tooth Fairy for a cupcake. In California I will be having lots of sushi with Bonnie and we will probably continue our oyster tour from 2 years ago. I would like to check out The Stinking Rose in LA as well as Cafe Gratitude and maybe Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. And Pioneer Chicken!!! In San Luis Obispo at The Madonna Inn we will be going to the steakhouse there. In Orange County, Kim and I are going to Farrells for icecream. In Whittier I will of course stop at Tony's Pizza and maybe Seafare's Inn. I would also like to get an In and Out burger. In Palm Springs I am going to a vegan place with my friend, Carrie. Betty, where are we going in san Diego????

Okay, so that is it!! One more day! Tomorrow at this time I will hopefully be in Vail exercising or exploring the village. It is going to be too cold (in the 60s) to go swimming :( St George will be on the other extreme -- HOT, but California will be in the 70's -- perfect!

UPDATE: The suitcase fit in the hatchback with room to spare so my figurations remained intact for the most part. I will try to get a picture in the morning.

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Glad the suitcase worked!! I don't know.....where are you staying in San Diego? What kind of food do you like?

Safe travels!

betty

Chelsea Elizabeth. said...

Have a fun and safe vacation! It sounds like it's going to be incredible! I've never been to any of those places!

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

caspersmom said...

I sure hope you have a great trip and enjoy it to the fullest. Your itinerary sounds great.

I want to than you, Scout and Mama, so much for your purrs and prayers on the passing of Casper. It was so appreciated. Thank you again.