Friday, June 8, 2012

Vacation So Far and Sad News From Home

Hello all!! I have been having a wonderful vacation so far! I have been with my BFF for a week now and having a blast. Haven't really had a chance to blog, but right now we are resting up from a 3 day mini trip before going cruising lol.

So far this is where I have been...

Denver LDS temple, Vail, St. George Utah and the temple, Primm NV, Disney Concert Hall, Glendale, Encino, Whittier, Hollywood, Los Angeles temple, Beverly Hills, Madonna Inn, San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach and Ventura. Tonight we are going to see Hidden Hills where the Kardashians live and cruise the valley.

I have eaten all kinds of wonderful food.

I left parts of my heart in Vail and the Central Coast of California. I will tell you about all of it more in depth and with pictures after I get home in a couple weeks.

Sadly, despite a wonderful vacation, I received some very bad news from back home. You may have heard on the news as it has gone national that a family of six from Kansas was killed in a plane crash in Florida. I know that family and our community back in Kansas has been devasted by the loss. They were such wonderful people, very active in the community and generous. I work in the school the kids attended and knew 3 of them. The mom often volunteered at our school and was the school board president. Every year they had a barbecue for their kids' classes and I was abe to go one year. I am grateful I was able to know them for a short time. This is such a deep loss for not only their family, but numerous friends and community members. You hear about things like this all the time, but never think it will happen to people you know. You will probably see on the news how our little town is dealing with it and supporting one another and the family. It is not the way you want to see your town, but at the same time it makes you feel very proud to be a part of such a wonderful community. Also, I want to say that the citizens of Lake Wales, FL are also to be commended as many of them had showed up this morning to look for the body of one of the children who was missing. They did find him.

Well, that is all for today. I will update again sometime soon.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I did hear about that tragic story; so sorry about it all and that it involved your town, Robyn; it is neat though that everyone is working together trying to deal with this; they did sound like wonderful people. Sounds like you are having a great time!!!

betty