Sunday, July 22, 2012

Crazy Cropping

I had not been to a scrapbooking crop in a very long time. In fact, I am not sure what the last one I attended was. I know it was in Topeka (all of the ones I have ever previously attended have been in Topeka lol). But no idea where.

Anyway, since it had been waaaayyyyy too long since I attended a crop I decided to go to one in Lawrence this weekend. And not just a normal 12 hour, 1 day crop. A 36 hour, stay up all night if you want to crop!! I have never been to one of these and was very excited.

I went up Friday afternoon and checked in after 4pm. I ordered a pizza and watched the Brady Bunch and Happy Days while making treat bags for our group the next day (of which I only knew one person, but now have several new scrapbooking friends :) Then I went to the fitness room and walked on the treadmill for about 25 minutes. After that I hung out with my friend and her friend in their room for awhile before going to the pool. Even though it was an indoor heated pool it was still a little chilly so we quickly moved to the hot tub. More friends joined us there. Then it was off to bed in preparation for the 6am crop start time!!

Yes, I was there at 6am! So was this plane outside

It was a Pirate Theme. Arrrrrghhhhh
My friend made the flag for our table and a couple others.

I stayed throughout the morning except for a very interesting breakfast run lol. Let's just say that Burger King in North Lawrence is not a good place to go unless you do not mind them messing up your order and being out of your favorite drink. Or seeing your new friend hilariously handle these situations lol. Luckily McD's saved the day for her.

In the afternoon we all went out to lunch to McCallisters (which proved to be much more user friendly), then a couple of us went to Target. My friend needed a blanket because the room we were scrapbooking in was so darn cold! I ended up buying a new pair of super comfy pajamas!!

Back at the crop I stayed for a giveaway, then went to my room to take a looong nap. I then stayed up until midnight working on projects and playing a quarter and paddle game (it was for giveaways). I also treated myself to a Shirley Temple.
I probably should have refrained lol

There was another drawing at 3am so I got up for that and made a few cards. I stayed in my PJs!!!

Then it was back to bed for a couple hours!! I did manage to make it back to the 9am drawing and I was one of the winners!! I chose a 10 minute massage with the guy that was there :)

After breakfast and some card making I took another nap and then made some more cards! I actually got a lot done at this crop!

It was really fun for my first 36 hour crop and I met some really awesome people. It was put on by Diva Designs. It is these 2 girls that do several crops a year. They do this 26 hour one and then another in January in Topeka. They also do a couple of one day crops. I have been to one of those before. Their crops all have themes, too.

I will try to take some pictures of the projects I worked on tomorrow.







2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Sounds like fun; not sure I could do a 36 hour stretch like this though! congrats that you won the 10 minute massage!

betty

Fuzzy Tales said...

Hurray for a good time! I know I'd never have been able to stay up that late/long -- even when I was young, I couldn't do it. LOL.