Friday, August 31, 2012

Stateline Shopping and an LA Night

After attending the temple I was ready to leave St. George. VERY ready lol. First I stopped at The Sweet Tooth Fairy for some cupcakes, especially the Va-Nie-lla
Then I hightailed it out of Utah and into 20 miles or so of Arizona and then into Nevada! I drove right on through Vegas and stopped in Primm which is at the Stateline of Nevada and California



My destination was the outlet stores at the Primm Valley Resort

I was looking for a purse. I bought a pink one at Kate Spade as long with a mint green card holder and a flamingo wallet for my BFF. I also bought a wallet at Coach for myself. I had a strawberry smoothie, sauted veggies and slice of pizza for lunch.

I then drove into the Golden State and stopped in Baker, home of the world's largest thermometer, for gas


r


l

Then I drove to Victorville and cut across the desert to Palmdale, then down the 14 Fwy to the San Fernando Valley. I drove in the infamous LA traffic before arriving at my BFF's apartment. After visiting for a few minutes and getting ready, Bonnie and I drove through the LA traffic to the Disney Concert Hall downtown for a show. We were late, but got to sit in a "listening room" to hear the music live and see the show on a monitor. At intermission we were able to get our seats.

We saw an Oratoria which is like an opera, but without costumes and they read their music and it is singing and an orchestra. This one was called The Gospel according to the Other Mary and featured singers as well as the LA Philharmonic. It combined Bible stories with a modern storyline and was just amazing. I loved every minute of it.

After the concert we went to In and Out Burgers for a late dinner.

Bonnie's apartment was nice. It was in the Warner Center area of Woodland Hills. She provided very nice accommodations


So begins the LA adventure portion of the trip!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Just skip over me. :)

Robyn :) said...

I didn't see you until over a week later