Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Good, The Bad and Utah

The drive into Utah on I-70 is beautiful. Even at the rest stop.



Then you get to the 110 miles with no services. It is a little disconcerting, but one of the most amazingly beautiful drives ever






Flori enjoyed it, too


More scenery




Posing



After the 110 miles you eventually reach the end of I-70 and then pick up I-15. This is not the greatest drive, but it was okay. This is also Southern Utah. I stopped in Cedar City at Carl's Jr for fries and fry sauce. That was good. Then I stopped in St. George for the night. I was homesick and also missing Vail. Hard to compete with that, but the Best Western room I stayed in was quite nice




However, when I went out that evening to see the temple and go to the drugstore I started to develop not so nice feelings about St. George. The temple, was beautiful and the best thing about St. George. However, that was the ONLY thing I liked about St. George. I did not like the wide confusing resedential streets that were not clearly marked. I did not like the rude drivers, some who did not feel they needed to stop at stop signs and others who had to race past me because I could not figure out how to navigate the UNMARKED streets properly. You would think a town with a LARGE Mormon population would have more considerate drivers lol. There were a bunch of other little things that did not endear St. George to me.

In the next post I will show you pictures of the temple :)

1 comment:

~JarieLyn~ said...

I know exactly what drive you are talking about on I-70. Yes, it's pretty but it is also very boring. I made that trip last year and I hated it. There is really nothing to look at but the vast landscape.

I think the best thing about St. George is the Cracker Barrel. Sometimes I drive to St. George because I've got a craving for Cracker Barrel food.