Monday, September 24, 2012

In the Desert

After I left Orange County I headed up to Palm Springs in the desert. There were areas of heavy traffic in places, but nothing too bad. I was able to drive by Castle Park in Riverside(my favorite place ever to go miniature golfing) and drive the scenic part of the Pomona FWY (60). I also passed a fire in Banning.






The desert floor

Palm Springs aerial Tramway entrance
I stayed at The Days Inn which was a really nice motel.



It was over 100 degrees in the desert!!

A college friend, Carrie, from Carrie On Vegan picked me up and we went downtown to walk around.

We had a great time catching up and had dinner at Palm Greens Cafe. I had lavendar lemonade and vegan lasagna

It was delicious!!

After going back to the hotel I went swimming for a little while after dark and just sat out on a lounge chair and enjoyed the night.

The next morning I went to church.


I met a lady whose last name was Bock (my family's name) and a missionary from Kansas City!!

After church I headed back west through the desert and saw the wind turbines





and stopped at a rest stop to change out of my church clothes and a military convoy had stopped there as well!

Pretty view of a mountain

Then I stopped in Cabazon for gas and to see the dinosaurs











I also stopped at Hadley Farms for dates, gigantic grapefruits and a date shake!!


Then I drove up to Apple Valley to spend the afternoon with my cousins :) I had such a great time seeing everyone and did not want to leave, but Vegas was calling!!

2 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

What a great trip. I'm enjoying seeing all the pics of places I'll never see in person. :-)

That corgi :) said...

Those dinosaurs are always so funny to see out there along the freeway! I do like Palm Springs, but not during the hot of summer :)

betty