Sunday, September 23, 2012

Last Day in the LB and South OC Exploring

On my last morning in Laguna Beach it was gray and foggy when I woke up so I went back to sleep for awhile! When I got up i took a walk down to the tide pools and back. Then I went back to the orange inn and got their original smoothie and enjoyed that on the beach with a cupcake from 2 days before. It was a chilly morning, but i did some drawing and reading and went in the ocean one last time.

After I checked out of the hotel I drove down to Dana Point
to see the Ocean Institute
I went here on a field trip in elementary school when it was just a trailer on the beach!!
It sure has changed
We explored those same tide pools, though!!


Next I drove up to San Juan Capistrano, home of the world famous swallows and Mission Capistrano
Downtown(I bought a pair of Minnetonka Moccasins at that store)
Not the mission
This is a Catholic church, though
This is the mission
Aren't these trees and shrubs beautiful???




I wish I had had more time to go into the mission, but I didn't. My parents took me here when I was 10 and I remember they had been doing some digging and found old pottery and I remember being in the gift shop, but that is it.





Next I went to this gift shop to get some Minnetonka Moccasins
I had lunch here
Enchiladas and a horchata(not pictured)
Downtown SJC
Train station


Next it was off to the desert!!


1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I always did like SJC; they have a great fondue place to eat there. The mission is a good place to spend some time getting familiar with the history of the area.

betty