Thursday, September 20, 2012

Life's A Beach

My second day at the beach was fantastic! I got up early and walked East on the beach






Then I walked back West to the hotel on Pacific Coast Hwy
And stopped at the Orange Inn for an apricot muffin and hot chocolate

which I enjoyed at the room with a pluot from the San Luis Obispo Farmer's Market I had visited the week before. Then I watched some morning news, then went to the Athena Spa for a hot rock massage

Later in the morning I went into the village and perused many art galleries. I saw some beautiful stuff like ocean scenes, flowers, dark clouds over a wheat field and an olive frat house!! I also went to the Candy Baron to buy a variety of salt water taffy
a pharmacy where I bought a beautiful hat and coasters, Laguna Drug for ribbon and a present for a friend and Whole Foods for some healthy food.
It is the forst whole Foods I ever went to, years ago. It is quite small, too!! I also bought some flowers there and the best tasting coconut water ever. The guy giving samples even offered to hold my flowers while I went back out to get a cart!

I went to Casey's Cupcakes which was very pretty and got a cupcake, then Scandia Bakery for a cannoli, apricot tart and 2 cookies

More pictures from the village



Main Beach

I enjoyed lunch on the balcony at the hotel. By then the sun had come out :)

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Sounded like a nice day! I bet the cupcakes were delicious!

betty