Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Awesomeness That is Phantom

I wanted to see a show while I was in Vegas. I wanted to see Donny and Marie, but they did not perform on Monday nights. I thought about Love by Cirque Du Soleil since the yoga instructor at the beach was in that, but i relly do not like Crirque Du Soleil (it makes me nervous). Then I saw the ads for Phantom of the Opera. I had not seen that in years. I did not want to go far from my hotel, though. Luckily, it was playing right across the street at the Venetien!!!

In preparation I went to the Vo Salon for a pedicure and blow dry

Getting ready in the room


I walked over to the Venetian





The Phantom Theatre
Mr. Michael Crawford


This theatre was built specifically for Phantom of the Opera. Because of this they were able to do things I had not seen before like at one point the Phantom even swung from the chandelier!

I always forget how much I love this show until I see it again. When the overture music started and the chandelier went up I cried. It had been too long. This production was also fantastic. Probably the best I had ever seen. This was also the first time that I did not like the character of the Phantom! I had no synmpathy for him. The first time I saw Phantom was with Michael Crawford. No one does a better Phantom or sings Music of the Night better. I also saw it with Davis Gaines, who was almost as good. With both of those and the one I saw in Florida I liked the Phantom and sympathized with him. Not so with this one!! Anthony Crivello played him in a way that made me hate him and root for Raoul instead (and I LOVED Raoul in this production). I love that the Phantom was played this way for a change. It made a truly wonderful experience :)

After the show I went over to The Palazzo next door







Afterwards I got a panini from a stand in front of the Venetien. because I tipped them I got a free bottle of water!!

The Mirage at night

I ate dinner in my room, then decided to take the tram over to Treasure Island.

I won $12.00 playing a slot called Kitty Glitter!!! That was my big win of the trip lol (note to self -- only play slots with a cat theme lol). Back at my room I watched the volcano show for the 3rd time and started packing.


I ended the evening by watching Jay Leno and Headlines!!

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I liked the pictures of you that you took in your room before the show. Again, I truly admire you for what you did on this trip, I don't think I would have ever been able to go to a show like this by myself! Another great day!

betty