Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Preview

This is shaping up to be a wild Halloween weekend!! Last night I found out we were invited to a costume party tonight. With prizes! I put my costume together in less than 24 hours! Not going to tell you what it is, but it involves a tutu and Mountain Dew!! It was also preapproved by the girl at the costume shop and 2 employees at Spencer's :) I will have a post tomorrow with the reveal and let you know if I won!

I started working on pumpkins this afternoon. I carved a styrofoam one, then painted it, am working on 2 more fake pumpkins and coloring a real one to look like a candy corn. Not ready to carve any real ones, yet. I plan to to carve only one and I know what it is going to be. Again, it will be a secret, but I found an awesome prop for it at Hot Topic!!

There is also going to be a scavenger hunt at the party and they said to bring cameras so I think it is a photo hunt!! Have you ever done one of those? I have, but not at Halloween. It is going to be epic!!

I have been watching Halloween reruns of Roseanne this afternoon, too. She definitely was the Queen of Halloween themed shows!

Last night I went to a painting party and I will also have a post on that with pictures.

K-State is playing today. It is Homecoming. Go Cats!!

Junction City won last night's big rivalry game against Manhattan 34-33!!! I am told they pulled that off in the last 8 minutes of the game!!!! Go Blue Jays!!!

How is your weekend going? Doing anything halloween related???

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Can't wait to hear about the party and if you won for the costume and how your pumpkins turn out. Sounds like it is a good Halloween weekend!! I bought Halloween candy today; does that count as being Halloween related? (and I won't be opening it until Halloween too :)

betty