Sunday, October 14, 2012

House Milestones

We had a couple of milestones with the house this past weekend and I thought I would share.

First of all, Friday night was the first time I spent the night here alone without TJ as he had drill. It wasn't too bad. I left the kitchen light on (because I do not like a completely dark house when I am alone) and Scout slept with me as usual.

Saturday I went to Lawrence for a scrapbooking crop and TJ was at drill so it was the longest that Scout has been home by himself in the house!! He was fine.

Yesterday we also had big storms. Not sure how much happened while I was gone, but the house was still standing when I got home LOL. Then at 3 in the morning I was awoken by a really nasty storm. Lightning and thunder, 60mph wind gusts and hail. Plus heavy rain. Of course none of the news stations were covering it because it was the middle of the night AND the severe threat was supposedly OVER. Not so much. I was waiting for the sirens to go off, but they never did. After the storm I turned the diningroom light off (thought I would change it up!!) because it was bothering me and went right back to sleep.

So that was our weekend of house milestones.

Earlier in the week I also hung the first picture in my house
In my kitchen
i also have my fridge magnets set up

That remains the only picture hung in my house. And I did get a room finished -- my closet!! Pictures to come later.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

That was a milestone to spend your first night alone! Each house carries its own set of noises one has to get used to, so glad you weathered it and weathered it well! I like the picture you hung and cute magnets!

betty