Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Big H

So, I realize this post may be TMI, but no one really talks about this and I thought I would share in the hopes it may help someone else.

So, at the crop last night I had some problem with the plumbing so to speak. I was a little sore afterwards and on the way home. I thought my bum was just raw or I did not wipe good enough so when I got home I decided to use some baby oil gel to soothe it.

Then I found a bump.

I was a bit distressed as I had never had that happen before. I had no idea at first what it was. The word tumor crossed my mind and I wondered if you could get lumps down there like in your breasts. I decided that I would look it up on the internet.

Then I realized what it most likely was.

A hemorrhoid!!!

I looked it up on the internet and sure enough, that's what it was! I read what causes them and most likely I got it from straining too much (sorry!) and a lack of fiber in my diet. They can also bleed, but thankfully that has not happened! They said that you can buy creams or suppositories to help treat them, but mostly what they do is soothe the itching and burning. Mine was not really doing either of those, just felt sore so I left it alone and went to bed

Today I made my first ever purchase of Preparation H

I felt kind of embarrased, but you know, I needed it. In addition to soothing it is also supposed to shrink the inflamed tissue. I guess that is why people use it under their eyes as well to reduce puffiness!!

Has anyone else ever had to deal with hemorrhoids? What do you find works, doesn't work? What is the most embarrasing thing you have ever had to buy?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

Just add more fiber and perhaps a stool softener to your diet; that will help too. And drink lots of water!

betty