Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Hardest Week

This is the hardest week of the year for me as the 15th is the anniversary of my mom's passing. Luckily the week started with a day off, but last night was rough. TJ had been gone for a meeting and I just started feeling depressed, plus it is that time of the month as well (perfect timing, isn't it???). I was going to put up my mom's angel collection (I put it up before the 15th every year), but my heart wasn't in it. After going to bed (with TJ now home)I told him how I was feeling and cried. I also couldn't tell if I was nauseous or having anxiety (I think there was a mix of both). Anyway, I finally fell asleep.

When I woke up this morning I still wasn't feeling all that great emotionally. I really wanted to just call in and stay in bed all day, but I told myself last night that even if I was sick as a dog today I would go to work because I KNEW that emotionally and mentally it was what I NEEDED.

Normally I hate Tuesdays and they are bad days, but I think that since it was the 13th it was some kind of weird reverse of Friday the 13th and I had a GREAT day!! Even with a couple of bumps my spirits were lifted continuously. Plus it was Chicken Patty on a Bun day!!! And my pre-ordered Diary of A Wimpy Kid book came in!

When I got home I laid down with Scout for a few minutes and he purred and head bumped me :) Then I went for a long walk and ended up running for 10 minutes!! Then TJ and I went to IHOP for dinner. Afterwards we went to Walmart to get a couple storage tubs (to replace the broken ones) and ended up getting our turkey and a pie and canned cranberry!!

I have some other stuff planned for this week to help keep my spirits up. Tomorrow we are having the missionaries for dinner and I hope to get those angels up. Thursday is the toughest day and I am not sure yet what I am going to do. I may go to a yoga class, but I am not sure she is starting her Thursday sessions this week. I might just curl up in bed with my cat and a book. Maybe I will spend some quality time in my craftroom. On Friday I am going to Quarter Mania in Topeka. On Saturday TJ and I are going to Manhattan to price compare Christmas lights and finish up Thanksgiving dinner shopping.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I am so sorry, Robyn. Friday will be the one year anniversary of my hubby's mom's passing, but I'm thinking she was older than your mom and he had her longer than you had your mom. I know it will be six years next month for my mom's passing. The first years were the hardest, of course I still miss her, but it does get somewhat easier.

I think a good cry always helps one to feel better (at least it helps me to feel better).

I think it is good you have activities surrounding the day to help keep your mind going with something else too.

take care of yourself; I know it sounds like such a pat comment, but do take care of yourself and pamper yourself just a bit in the days ahead

betty