Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Show Review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer


I never watched this when I was a kid. I don't think I actually watched it until a few years ago and I liked it because Rudolph is just so darn cute!! And Clarice.

This show has the potential to be really sappy, but the cuteness of Rudolph and Clarice really save it for me. There are still a couple scenes I find it difficult to watch because they are depressing like when Clarice sings and the Island of Misfit Toys.

Most of the characters in this are really likeable like Yukon Cornelius and Hermie, but there is one that is a total jerk and that is Santa Claus!! Seriously, he is very insulting and condescending in this story. He kind of redeems himself when he rescues the misfit toys, but overall he is a very rude Santa.

My favorite scene is when Clarice tells Rudolph he is cute.

Do you like this show? What is your take on Santa?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

LOL; we were watching bits and pieces of this last night on TV. I remember always watching it as a child; almost a yearly tradition. I know last night listening to the singing, it seemed so tinny for some reason. I think Santa was okay; I didn't get any "bad vibes" about him so to speak.

betty