Okay, been thinking about and talking to hubby about ways to save money and budget better and we have come up with a couple things (well mostly I did).
1. This was painful, but I decided to reduce our cable/internet bill by $50 by going down to 17 channels. Those would be the local ones. That was the cheapest option they had. For internet I went with the next to lowest option because we like to be able to stream music and videos. TJ especially. He watches Youtube more than TV. I watch too much TV as it is.
2. We`are going to give ourselves an allowance. For me personally this is going to be challenging lol. I like to get my nails and toes done and go to scrapbook crops monthly. I need to adjust this a bit. I have a stamping club committment for a few more months so until that is up, no crops :( I am going to work hard on not messing with my nails so I do not have to have gels or acrylics. Until then since it is winter I am going to refrain from getting my toes done.
3. We doubled our gas bill this month (oops). Gonna be a little more frugal with that fireplace. Sorry Scout!
4. The electric bill only went up $5, but I am still going to make sure we are not leaving lights on and being frugal with the heater. And the laundry. I can get away with doing my whites biweekly and my linens once a month, but lights and darks need to be done weekly. Also, with the heater, while TJ and I are at work I turn it way down. If it gets warm enough outside I can even turn it off.
5. Water went up $10. Gonna watch those shower times. Plus the laundry cut backs should help lol. And I always wait until the dishwasher is FULL.
6. Cutting down on eating out. I need to be vigilant about cooking.
I think that is it for now. We should be able to start putting a little bit more into our savings.