Some of you may be familiar with Ali Edwards' One Little Word. If you are not you can click on the link to learn more.
I usually choose a word every year, but then forget about it halfway in. This year I am going to participate in the workshop to stay focused on it.
My word is .....NURTURE.
This word just came to me and I felt very strongly that it should be my word for 2013. For many reasons. They are as follows..
1. I need to nurture myself and my health. I am going to start eating healthier again and get back into exercise. I am also going to get a new doctor and talk to her about the concerns I have about having low energy. I do not think it is just because of my diet and exercise, though I believe that contributes to it. I seriously think I have something like chronic fatigue syndrome.
2. I want to nurture my relationship with TJ. Spend more quality time with him. Be kinder.
3. I want to nurture my house by keeping it cleaner, getting pictures up and stuff out of boxes and just really making it mine and TJ's.
4. I want to nurture the kiddos I work with. Find ways to do my job better and serve them better. This year has been different for me. I have began to love my job again and really feel like I am doing something good.
5. Nurture my friendships. I want to make more time for friends.
So there you have it. My word and what it means to me.
Are you choosing a word for 2013? What is it?