Sunday, December 30, 2012

One Little Word 2013

Some of you may be familiar with Ali Edwards' One Little Word. If you are not you can click on the link to learn more.

I usually choose a word every year, but then forget about it halfway in. This year I am going to participate in the workshop to stay focused on it.

My word is .....NURTURE.

This word just came to me and I felt very strongly that it should be my word for 2013. For many reasons. They are as follows..

1. I need to nurture myself and my health. I am going to start eating healthier again and get back into exercise. I am also going to get a new doctor and talk to her about the concerns I have about having low energy. I do not think it is just because of my diet and exercise, though I believe that contributes to it. I seriously think I have something like chronic fatigue syndrome.

2. I want to nurture my relationship with TJ. Spend more quality time with him. Be kinder.

3. I want to nurture my house by keeping it cleaner, getting pictures up and stuff out of boxes and just really making it mine and TJ's.

4. I want to nurture the kiddos I work with. Find ways to do my job better and serve them better. This year has been different for me. I have began to love my job again and really feel like I am doing something good.

5. Nurture my friendships. I want to make more time for friends.

So there you have it. My word and what it means to me.

Are you choosing a word for 2013? What is it?

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

I like your word for the year Robyn! I've done it in years past and have a word for this year (but I'm going to blog it in a few days, LOL :)

Nuture is a great word especially with the goals you have to nuture yourself and others in 2013. I bet at the end of 2013 you will look back and see the progress you did with it and how you were nuturing to yourself and others!

betty