Sunday, January 6, 2013

January Focus: Prayer, Scripture Reading and Church

Although I have many goals and resolutions starting this year I am not expecting to accomplish them or stick with them all the first month. I plan to take each month to focus on something different. So while I'd like to keep up with my exercise routine and eat only healthy stuff and make sure my house stays clean, I am not worrying if I slip up on any of that this month.

This month is all about spiritual goals.

The biggest one is daily prayer. I am pretty good about praying every night before I go to sleep, but sometimes I forget in the morning so I am going to work on that. TJ and I are also pretty good about praying together in bed SOME nights, but I want to work on praying before bed on our knees and then again in the morning. I also want to pray on my knees. So that is what I am working hard on this week.

Next is scripture study. For personal study I am reading a chapter a day in my Book of Mormon, looking for glad verses. Together TJ and I are going to study the week's lesson for Sunday School in the Doctrine and Covenants (one of our standard works of scripture). Not really going to worry too much about this this week, but once we have prayer established this will get more attention.

I am also working on my church attendance. This will change once our building is done and church is like 5 blocks away. For now, though, my goal is to miss only 1 week if need be, at the most 2, and not 2 consecutive weeks. I want at least one Sunday to be a full Sunday and another Sunday for at least 2 meetings. Today would have been a full day, except my car had issues and after Sacrament Meeting I had to take it to the dealer.

So that is what I am working on this month. Tomorrow I start walking for 10 minutes after school and I will clean the masterbathroom.

1 comment:

That corgi :) said...

good spiritual goals for you and TJ!

betty