Tuesday, January 8, 2013

So, How Am I Doing?

Although we are only in the 2nd week of the new year and 2nd day of this week, I thought I would give an update on some of my goals and resolutions.

Okay, so eating healthier -- doing somewhat better, but having trouble with limitting the sweets. We got buffet to go at the chinese buffet and I got veggies and fish! No red meat or chicken or pork. I have already had my red meat for the month and chicken for the week. I only cooked on Sunday so far, but plan to again tomorrow and it is a vegetarian recipe. I have not had any sugary soda since Sunday, only sparkling water. I have been having a naked juice for breakfast and then a fiber one or Larabar for snack.

Exercise -- I have walked for 10 minutes the past 2 days :)

Scripture study -- last week we only did this once, but we started again last night. I have been keeping up on my personal scripture reading, though.

Prayer -- we have been praying together every night. Mostly after we are in bed already.

Cleaning -- haven't stuck completely to my schedule, but have done a couple things each day so I feel productive and accomplished. I am hoping to catch up a little on Saturday.

I am pretty pleased with how things are going?

How are you doing with your resolutions?

3 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Seems like you are doing great Robyn!!! Keep up the good work with it all! Got myself back on healthy eating yesterday and today and to the gym 2 days so far this week :)

betty

Fuzzy Tales said...

Good for you! I think the secret is to take things in small chunks, not set too many goals or expect perfection. And definitely focus on the small successes!

I've not made any resolutions, I never keep them, but I will say that the piece of cheesecake I just ate for a second breakfast has brought a measure of "solace." Solace being one of my two words for the year. LOL.

iowajewel said...

oh my Robyn, you are doing great at setting goals and working on them! you have inspired me to get mine written down so i can see what needs to be done!